Thursday, August 11

random postcard #8...

dear reader,

we arrived late last night in Amsterdam for the final leg of our month on the road. in a few hours i will be off to meet my lovely friends Jane and Ingrid.

after my clan drop me at the train station they are off to hire bikes and see Amsterdam on wheels, the only way really. the forecast is rain, they are all togged out in rain gear, i will catch up with them the next day.

the houses in Amsterdam are beautiful, i cannot walk past them without having a good old ganders, i told my man i have high hopes one day when our children have left home we may rent one and live above the shop. he said it was a fine and mighty dream to have, the only reality being, the cost of renting one... i chose not to listen to the reality and just the dream

off to catch a train!
Tif x

5 comments:

Rachelle Blondel said...

I love Holland with all its natty little streets & fabby bicycles some bearing crocheted garlands & mud guard covered thingys....

Em said...

We were in Amsterdam this March, I too spent hours just staring at the homes. What a beautiful city, cannot wait to return!

dottie angel said...

ah yes, my bike called NOA is now sporting a lovely 'shower cap' from amsterdam... i could have spent all day just looking at bikes :)

Helmi said...

Have a great time! ENJOY!

Unknown said...

Now that's a lovely photo of Amsterdam. I don't live near Amsterdam, but when i am there it's always fun ! I hope you enjoyed it..