Thursday, March 17

where's dottie...

oakie dokes...

magazine round up

1: the peachy folks over at Frankie Mag in Australia bought out a lovely mook in November called SPACES. a mook is what happens when a magazine and a book get together. SPACES is jammy packed full of inspirational creative homes and work spaces from around the world. some of the folks you will have probably heard of and others will be new to you. i still can't believe Mossy Shed is in their fine pages amongst such lovely folks and their collections.



2: FLOW magazine is dutch, i cannot read a word of it but does not matter, for their visuals are so delightful i am happy to just look at all the pretty pictures. they have mentioned dottie angel before, but for this issue asked to use my pictures to illustrate an article of D.I.Y crafting. i need to get my friend Marjan to read it to me over a cup of tea i am thinking


3: a nice little mention in Inside Out, an australian magazine ( March/April issue) for my ramblings of dottie angel shiny place

4: Selvedge's latest issue has a page listing the lovely wares they like on Etsy. was greatly delighted to see our perfect peachy tea towels featured amongst the lovelies they picked out (have yet to see the latest copy in the flesh, but Debbie tells me it is grand)

other nitty gritty businessy busy stuff

1: lovely store Het Grote Avontuur in Amsterdam is stocking our handy dandy notebooks, just one look at Anna's peachy website has me a little giddy. the notebooks have done so well she has restocked on them! Anna's bricks and mortar store looks just peachy and i am rather made up to think my book will be amongst such lovelies upon the shelves come summer

2: Verandah in England has two lovely locations and is a collective of designers and craftmakers, their website is well worth a ganders and we are most chuffed our notebooks are now available to buy from both the Norwich and Holt store

3: Mies en Moos is a lovely dutch online store featuring all sorts of goodness and in amongst it all are some handy dandy notebooks. Michelle who runs her little online store is most delightful indeed.

4: my fabby friend Gloria from The Laundry will be running a stall at the SELVEDGE spring fair on April 2nd in just a few weeks. the fair features 30 wonderful folks and their wares. Gloria alongside of her peachy wares will have dottie angel notebooks and tea towels for sale. this is indeed most spiffy for more reasons than one, but the other reasons will have to wait until monday...

so there it is, hurrah hooray, a lovely thank you to all the peachy folks above and indeed to the others who featured dottie angel upon their blogs. it is most kind

she will be pausing for thought tomorrow, and will be back on monday ~ Tif

25 comments:

figwittage said...

that's fabulous! you have such lovely items! xx

blueberries in the fields said...

dear Tif, did you receive my message on etsy ? i wanted to let you know how sweet your notebooks are, i am not surprised they are selling like little hotcakes. ^-^ i am so happy for you that you got the opportunity to be featured in so many places! i just ordered the last issue of Selvedge. as a matter of fact, i was supposed to have some of my items in there too, but they had a change of plans at the last minute, saying there were too many things to chose from and they had to cut down on some of them. I was disappointed, but nevertheless, i think the magazine is so beatiful and i am even more eager to get my copy, knowing you are featured. many congrats, but then, well deserved. I too will be pausing for thoughts tomorrow.
sending warm wishes,
monique

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Tif I was FORTUNATE enough to see the FABO article in the Frankie mook as my galpal had a copy....Alas, I have had no luck find a copy for myself but I'm ON IT....!!

CONGRATULATIONS on all your mentions....Well DESERVED each & every one....!

Enjoy your weekend when it rolls around to your side of the planet....!!

Cheers from Oz,
Tamarah :o)

Carol said...

Oooh a new word "mook", a wonderful world it reveals too, the "Mossy Shed" is indeedy in good company.
Have a great weekend of family and fun.
Carol xx

bootextiles said...

Lovely to hear how well it's going. I'm not suprised as I think all your work is totally gorgeous. xx

Bobo Bun said...

Your dearie was right to have that chat with you. Really interesting to hear all the exciting directions your lovely creations go in. Verandah is near to me and is a lovely store, sometimes one of the owners has a stall at our market in Holt. I'm biased towards her as she's mad on black Pugs too.

I've really enjoyed my catch up with all your lovely news and titbits.

X

The Pinkhouseladies said...

Too bad you can not read the flow. Not only the pictures are nice but also the stories and poems.

There are always little gifts in the magazine. I always cut out the pretty pictures and I make greeting cards with the nice pictures!

Greets

Chrissie en Heidi said...

Thanx! I'm dutch and love 'Het grote Avontuur'... And of course I looooove your stuff! Please sell your book in Holland at 'Het grote Avontuur'...that would be great :-). I will be the first one who buy it, oke?!

Bye!!

Happy in red said...

That's so funny, I blogged about the same article of Flow on my blog. It's very inspiring! (Well, the article... dunno about my blog, haha!) Had no idea it was your pic in the article.
http://happyinred.blogspot.com/2011/03/diy.html
Kind regards!
Esther (Holland)

Sharon Stanley said...

she's everywhere! she's everywhere! how fabulous to know you are peachy in all parts of the world! tomorrow (fri) i shall be thanking you properly on my little spot in the blogosphere for the wonderful treats i won at your giveaway...! thanks again for all the yumminess.....

cinback said...

Congratulations to you and all your endeavors. Your work really is lovely and deserves recognition.

Frugal Down Under said...

I LOVE Frankie mag! Well Done!!!

You're getting more and more famous for your talents day by day!

Michelle said...

Oakie Dokie...I think I need to track down a copy of inside out...
I have several copies that I have bought over the years but I don't get it ever issue...Mainly because sometimes I find it can be a bit minimalist for me...But now I know you are in it...IT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE...
The Spaces mook is always on my coffee table...and your pages are looked over several times...I hope I don't wear them out...lol...
Thanks for having a
"where's Dottie" page..it is very helpful...

bootextiles said...

Lovely to hear how well you are doing. I'm not suprised as your work is so wonderful. xx

Francesca said...

ooh def hoping to pop along to the selvedge spring fair, it's just up the road. mossy shed looks even more divine in print by the way. looks like that lovely heavy matt paper, glorious. i'd love to flick through one of those mags.
loving your where's dottie round-up. you mustn't be shy about sharing your good press, i'm sure we all love to see it. soak up some U.S bravado for goodness sake! you've been out there long enough! x

trish said...

Dearest Tif. :o)

A giant congratulations on all your lovely places of recognition! :o)

I have just placed your challenge button on my blog and will begin the challenge today. :o)

I am also reopening my Etsy shop (located on my blog) and will be clearing my current jewelry items at 50% off. Currently, there are beads posted, but the items will begin being added this morning.

I hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for the challenge! My daughter needed black pants a week ago (for work) and we found a pair for $1.00!! I about fainted. :o) They are super cute and nearly new! Perfect for what we need them for. :o)

I do have one question regarding your challenge. I do a great deal of bartering and trading. I am a new quilter and new to crochet. Does that count? There is no $ involved. Strictly my handcrafted jewelry for either fabric or yarn. :o)

Sincerely,
Trish

ps. I will be posting about the challenge in the next few days as well. :o)

Little Blue Mouse said...

Oh my, I didn't realise you had featured in so many publications, how wonderful!

CottonAndCard said...

Hello! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your Wheres Dottie post this morning. I discovered your blog several weeks ago when it was mentioned in the lovely Australian Inside Out magazine. Having just started an Etsy shop, and contemplating a blog, I was very inspired by your work and excited to see such a beautiful blog. And I popped out this morning for my first copy of Frankie (amazing - thank you for mentioning it) and can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Spaces. Looking forward to more Dottie Angel!

Helena Hinz said...

Break out the chocos...Congratulations! So well deserved. Hugs and Kisses for the Used dog and Olive. Ever lurking in Texas. Yuck! is over and what a relief. This is just the beginning for you. Again Yippeee, Cadburys for everyone!

Leanda said...

Ooo.. so many well-deserved features on you and mossy shed and so many lovely things to look at here and keep me occupied on a Sunday afternoon when stupid Greek TV has removed last minute Jamie Oliver from it's schedule which I was looking forward to watching with a cuppa and a couple of bicuits. Hurrah Tif you have saved the day!

Erin Kate said...

I love your white washed beautiful photos. :)

Dana Summers said...

Wow what an inspirtation you are! All the good news and wonderful things bighten my day for you! Your blog is beautiful to look at and I can't wait to see what is next.

dottie angel said...

thank you my lovelies! how kind you are to my 'where dottie' feature :)

blueberries, i am sorry to hear of your disappointment, indeed it would have been lovely to be side by side with you and your peachy creations.

happy in red! thank you for the link to you blog post, i now know the gist of the article :)

fran... you'd think wouldn't you :)

cotton and card, wonderful to hear you are dipping your toes into Etsy and now perhaps blogging. hurrah for you and i wish you the best of luck with it!

notes of sincerity! why yes, bartering and trading would be fine in my books and i am quite sure there are many other challengers who have done so. good luck my dear!

thank you again my dearies :)

thea said...

Ah Tiff! You are wondrous! Every time I see your magic in more pages I smile happily! Yes !

thea.
xx

(spoonful)

Miss Money said...

I just found your dottie angel world. Incredibly dreamy. Congrats on all of the features!