Wednesday, March 23

and off she goes, exotic fringe, granny undies and all...

righty ho, just counting out 10 days worth of my little vitamins and wondering why i chose today to cut my bangs/fringe with the kitchen scissors. i am now sporting quite an interesting looking fringe line. i have told myself it is perfectly acceptable for it to curve up in the middle above my nose and that in fact many may think it the latest look from hair catwalks from glamorous places such as Paris. i am thinking a little exotic here...
however, i do not have time to fret about my exotic looking fringe, for i have critters and children to sort.


upon my pottling around the shed with 'post-it' reminders stuck to my chest i noted my daffs are looking peachy and springy. i am wondering if they will still be there upon my return, looking not so peachy and not so springy, it is kind of comforting to think they may well be... things like that make one feel like life may whizz on by some days and be a little surreal, but the things which matter most like family and their little habits, stay the same. yes it is quite true to say, i hope i do arrive home to find my daffs bedraggled and way past their best on the windowsill.
gosh blimey i am getting all melancholy on you dearest readers, i guess that happens from time to time especially when i am flying on my own.

let us move on from such thoughts and before i head off on my red eye to old blighty this may be the perfect time for me to mention my up and coming workshops on the beautiful Suffolk Coast in England, this summer.


yes indeedy i need to rustle up a few more peachy dearies so we may have a perfectly fabby time of things in a beautiful cottage over looking the sea, vintage fabrics and lots of time to stitch to our hearts content whilst Angela does a brilliant job of providing us with wonderful homecooked food. walks on the beach, tea around the firepit and quality crafting time with some lovely likeminded crafty souls...

if you like the idea of being a peachy dottie angel dearie this summer (i know i do), you can find all the nitty gritty over at Angela's lovely place. any questions or other such things you may be wondering about, do not hesitate to contact Angela at ritchieacecamps@yahoo.ca

if your questions are more along the lines of
"Tif, why would you chose to cut your fringe with kitchen scissors the morning of leaving to visit England and meeting all those lovelies you have lined up?"
or indeed
"Tif, instead of darning three pairs of tights in their heels and leaving it to the last moment, do you not think a trip such as this is worthy of a new pair of tights?"
or perhaps
"Tif, when will you be getting your derriere into gear and making summer apron wraps for your little shop?"

then may i suggest you do not send those to Angela because i am quite sure she does not wish to talk about my exotic fringe shape, nor my darned socks and quite possibly not my derriere.

however the little bit about the apron wraps, may i be so bold as to answer here and now since you asked so nicely. for indeed upon my return from recharging my british batteries, i have plans, big plans which involve me, my ever-so-lovely Miss Ethel and dottie angel's newly adopted auntie and her trusty sewing machine. together we will beaver like we have never beavered before and after we are all 'beavered out' i hope to have summer apron wraps, lovely high hope flags and little sunshine sacks hanging in the shop window ready to meet Mr Spring and Master Summer.
oh yes! i am positively looking forward to claiming back some quality stitching time for dottie angel

she is wishing you a peachy few weeks, perhaps a little beavering of your own and will be back before you know it, exotic fringe, granny undies and all ~ Tif

37 comments:

misschris said...

Oh Tif, have the most fabulous time! I cannot tell you how wonderful it would be to join you and Angela again this summer if I weren't going to be so very far along with the baby. Imagine at the beach! In England! Oh my. Your dearies will be in for a time of the most very peachy kind.

Wishing you safe travels and lots of smiles once you get there. xoxo (also, I'm sure your fringe looks just fine, silly!)

Shelley in SC said...

Do have a lovely time recharging! We look forward to your safe return.

Sandies' Patch said...

I have always used my trusty embroidery scissors, they are so sharp. However, I'm currently letting my hair grow....and we'll see how long that lasts this year!
Safe journeys!

Sandie

P.S I like your curtains in the pic with the daffodils.

...C o w R o a d... said...

Haha, you should have waited for my scissors Tif! I'm sure we'll sort it out when you're back again. Have a great time there across the pond!
Marjan

Teresa Kasner said...

Dear Tif... you're so cute and clever! I hope you have a wonderful trip to England and be safe and take lots of photos!

I'll miss you while you're gone!

Hugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa :-)

Dee said...

it delights me that you boldly use words like "fringe" without babysitting your american readers by adding "bangs" in brackets.
enjoy your time away
Dee
(who is STILL waiting for her fringe to recover from a momentary lapse in concentration during a trim TWO MONTHS ago!!!)

Pink Milk said...

Home cut fringes with kitchen scissors are very de rigueur here in Blighty don't you know, so I'm sure you will fit right in!!! Have a most super duper time. Hx

Betty Zee said...

Have a splendid trip to 'ole Blighty' we are here awaiting your arrival!! My kitten girls booboo and roobarb are often seen sitting on my little collection of fabrics.... I wonder do they wish that they had thumbs so that they rustle up a little quilt!!

Little Blue Mouse said...

Wishing you a truly gleeful trip!

Michelle said...

Be Safe...Have Fun...and get lots of lovely inspiration...
And don't forget you are peachy even with your newly chopped fringe and bangers...and everyone in old blimey will think so too...

Please promise Tif to post while you are away...A couple of weeks seems
like so long...

Katie Snyder said...

I always think the best and worst thing about a fringe is that it can grow back very, very quickly. :) have a beautiful trip!

Anonymous said...

I have a fabulous idea for you: plan a workshop on the lovely central coast of California! I so badly want to attend but England is a long swim from here.

Carol said...

Bon voyage mon ami!
I think the sun will keep his hat on and await your imminent arrival.
Love Carol xx

Sharon Stanley said...

good trip! look forward to hearing all about it and seeing photos!

Paula said...

So jealous of the lucky ones who get to go to England for your workshop! I am looking forward to one closer to home! Have fun, new fringe and all!

Naturally Carol said...

Just a little note to say 'all the best and have a wonderful time'. I hope all of your high hopes are met. xox

Squiggly Rainbow said...

Tiff, if I lived close by I would indeed be one of the dearies visiting your workshop in England!!! Any chance of coming to Melbourne!!

I too cut my fringe (bangs) on the oddest of occasions! It is fun - and then - oh - not so fun when you realise it is not perhaps the sportiest of fashionable sense!

Rach - Squiggly Rainbow xo

angelina said...

just love you!!! xx

SoFarBlue said...

As for daffodils and their possible bedraggled state in a future time, it is also possible that they will concentrate their goodness and colour and remain upright, although a bit dry...
You are probably aware that their cousins here are all poking their petals out at the sun (yes, the sun)!

the fishermans cottage said...

Oh I just love those patchwork sheers you've made.. lovely, I might even attempt them myself :) x

Unknown said...

have a great crafty break and fill those batteries...we will be waiting !

Jackie Desiraye Ramos said...

i hope you have a wonderful trip! have loads of fun.
and i must say, i just looooove your curtains! are they vintage pillowcases? They are beautiful.

Good luck on your endevours!
Jackie

sue said...

Oh Tif! Kitchen scissors are VERY dangerous things and should NEVER be picked up in times of rush! I know it's happened to me, I took to pinning my bedraggled fringe back till it grew out, and let me tell you that took ages!
Enjoy your trip to Blighty you may find it a little too warm for those tights. ♥

Jill said...

So many very exciting things falling into place for you...I'm glad we all get to come along for the ride! Have a great trip!!

dottie angel said...

thank you my lovelies for the well wishes! i have landed in old blighty and having spent a peachy day with my mother 'doing the charity shops' will be heading to bed shortly (granny goodness abound today). tomorrow i drive down to cornwall to pick up Our #1 and start our adventures together...

the curtains are made from vintage pillowcases, table runners, doilies, napkins and tablecloths, all patched and pieced together in mirror fashion :)

cheerio my dears, Tif x

liz said...

Have the granniest time in old Blighty. :)

maepress said...

May your suitcases be light and your airplanes be timely

Jessie said...

Please stop tempting me with lures of cool climates to travel across the pond for a reunion workshop! I'm half a click away from booking the darn thing (if only I didn't remember how much trouble our dear Louise had adjusting to the time change so quickly). xx

Chris da Chria said...

Hello!
I am enchanted with the creativity of its work! Congratulations! I will stay happy with its visit:
www.chria.com.br
blog: www.amaischria.com.br

xoxo
Christiane Lindner

Unknown said...

LOVE your site ;) ;) ;) I'll be visiting often! Fresh inspiration and color abounds! Thank you for the rainy day boost. Come visit 2nd Saturdayz Urban Market when your home!

FormaFantazja said...

I love your creative blog!!!

http://wewnetrze.blogspot.com/

kiss

The Pinkhouseladies said...

Lovely pictures and we love the wooden shoes from our country Holland :)

Unknown said...

Hello :] I really like this blog ^^ Um,my sister and i are new with all this,sooo we'r still figuring all out XD Have a great day!

Deborah said...

No matter how many times my hairdresser reminds me I can come back for a fringe trim, I still end up cutting it myself and regretting it after! Good to know it isn't only me!

Heather Henry said...

Super cute blog and I love your crafty goodies! Have a lovely trip!!

Valerie said...

In visiting your perfectly wonderful blog I find myself so refreshed and happy...dare I say that sweet things of all kinds tend to have that affect on me...sincerely, thank you for being a dear sweet thing!

Valerie

dottie angel said...

thank you for you lovely comments and stopping by my shiny place :)

Jessie! be tempted! i would love to have you visit my homeland :)

old blighty was perfectly perfect and my british batteries have been nicely charge!