whether you celebrate thanksgiving or not, it is always good to every now and then, count one's blessings and give a little thanks.
i am thankful for many things in my life that go without saying,
my family that have strong opinions on doilies,
my aging but healthy body and dubious sanity,
my creatures that reside at mossy shed and don't talk back,
my nostril hair of the worst kind and the path it took me down,
and one other thing...
a 'thing' that has been my constant companion for 41 years, sometimes i've used it and sometimes i've neglected it, but it has always been there, lurking in the background patiently waiting for the moments i allow it to shine.
so this thanksgiving
i am thankful for...
quite simply i would not be who i am without it.
and so dearest readers it is now your turn to count a blessing or two, for some this is not always an easy thing to do, for the road can be quite rough at times. but i do think with a little thought, even the smallest of things can be worth being 'thankful' for.
and when you have done your 'thankful' thinking, leave me your 'giving thanks' comment here or send it in an email to email@example.com and i will pop you in a 'thankfully glee' dish and announce a winner on Thursday Dec 3rd.
i'm hoping that Speedy will pick out the winner but he has just informed me that he's busy redecorating his 'pad' and so might not be available. if that's the case then i am hoping for a 'passing stranger' to aid me with this giveaway...
of course it has just occurred to me, that i haven't actually mentioned what i have to 'giveaway'.
i can assure you, it will not be,
my family with opinions on doilies,
my aging body and dubious sanity,
my creatures that reside at mossy shed,
nor my nostril hair of the worst kind
(i hear cries of relief over at least two of those things).
no dearest readers,
i have to offer in the way of thanking you most kindly for being nice and lovely people,
("ooooh, Tif, that's special"... i hear you gasp)
but wait, there is more
one yarn ball wreath, from the archives of my crafting epiphanies, made in November 2007, yes i do believe it could almost be called 'vintage dottie angel'.
so there it is,
a magazine and a ring of yarn balls,
surely that makes for an excitingly 'thankfully glee' giveaway.
so it just leaves me to say, my sister-in-law and her little one are coming to stay at mossy shed tomorrow, and so i shall be gone until the 3rd.
but do not fear dearest readers as i have made you a 'to do' list in my absence.
for some of you that don't craft, it may be a little tricky but i'm sure this may be the very 'to-do' list that gets you going down the crafty road i travel everyday...
1. make a 'grandma twinkle' garland courtesy of the fabby michelle
2. find someone else to clean the toilets and wash the floor
3. make a wonky crocheted tree courtesy of my dodgy directions (and you will have to scroll down on the post to actually find the directions, because as usual i have waffled a whole ton before the instructions)
4. avoid looking at your nostrils up close for a whole week
5. visit the 'challengers of the utmost kind' on my sidebar and be inspired by their thrifty handcrafted 'gleeful' creations
6. eat lots of chocolate
7. make a grandma tree courtesy once again, of the wonderfully generous creative brain of michelle
8. cut up a 'boiled' gleeful sweater belonging to your man, or mother-in-law and make a simple but gleefully charming garland
9. be thankful and gleeful as much as possible, it's quite contagious and spreads rapidly
she is looking forward to reading your 'thankfully glee' comments and wishes you a 'gleeful' 10 days without her ~ Tif