Sunday, December 13

the case of the 'missing sanity'...

i think i will be fine when i've located my sanity, it's somewhere around here...


it must of happened last tuesday as i did my 'shift around'.
things were looking rather peachy, i was most happy with the way the kitchen nook looked and of course, the lounging area in my studio.


and then things started to go 'iffy'...
Mary and Joe arrived and quite frankly after that i'm not sure what's going on around here.
in the 'shifting around', i shoved piles into cupboards and drawers, out of sight, out of mind.
perhaps my sanity went along with the piles...
i have achieved nothing but going around in circles, mumbling to myself "dear lordy, how many days to go" all the time knowing i need to get a grip, find a handle, do something or the miracle of Christmas isn't coming to the Shed this year.

in the space of four days the only acheivement i can note, is finding my secret santa gift. one lucky clan member will have something rather lovely to look forward to... ha! you should hear my lovely lot all exclaim the one person they hope not to be their secret santa is me.
knowing where i shop these days has caused them concerns of the worst kind this coming christmas...
but they don't know what i know,
("oh Tif, and what do you know, considering you are two shillings short of a pound this week?" i hear you enquire)
well i know, and actually a lot of you thrifty ones will know this too, just how far a dollar can be stretched when buying secondhand and handcrafted...

on Tuesday my folks arrive, my mum assured me on the phone this morning that she would help unearth my sanity if i haven't found it between now and their arrival.

i may take them to our local yarn shop on the first day. oh yes, i know how to show my folks a good time... i hoping they will be overcome by 'yarn lust' and insist on buying me a ball of cream yarn...
i will protest saying
"no, no you really shouldn't"
and then my mother will say
"i'm thinking we should, indeed i know we should, for a ball of cream yarn is perhaps where you may find your sanity this Christmas, my dearest child"

she is thinking... actually she knows, mothers are always right ~ Tif

22 comments:

Rosy Revolver said...

I do think I just found a bit of my own sanity in the reading of this post. So happy to have found you. Merry Christmas, Tif.

mamas collection said...

O the joy of the first commentary!!
Relax, dear Tif, for you haven't misplaced your sanity! Since the arrival of Mary and Joe, your priorities have just been scrambled a bit!
Not to worry! This 'scrambling' will just come out as new insight and abundant creativity! Mark my word!!

Enjoy your guests and your holiday season!

Jeanine DeNitto said...

if i see it i will let you know. it may turn up in the process of looking for mine. lol.

Christina Lowry said...

Indeed, I'm sure it has been proven that when sanity has gone missing it is generally in the last place you look and not the first. It is also mixed with love, so perhaps the yarn will do the trick. I'm sure the mothers are always right has been proven too? :)

Rachel said...

Mom's are lovely that way, aren't they? They know just the thing to help you along your way...cream yarn would make everything right with the world and your sanity would surely appear soon after!

SRA said...

If Christmas cannot be found inside a ball of cream yard...then it is lost forever I am afraid. May the joys of the Season surprise and delight your heart this Christmas DottieAngel

Unknown said...

Well, I am with you...my sanity is indeed lost. And to use a "Dottie Angel" turn of phrase, "I am sure those "pesky piles" I stuffed hither and thither at Thanksgiving are the reason. I spent hours looking for my journal, which contains all the important information in my life. Since I am a random, incoherent (except to me) list maker and checker off-er, this is most disconcerting.
It was finally unearthed, of all places, in the dining room hunt board. One might think it was great relief all around. Unfortunately, it merely confirmed the fact that I am so very behind...alas the insanity will continue, until a few more items are checked off! Mothers are wonderful for setting it right however and I have no doubt that you shall be right again by Tuesday evening...

Lola Nova said...

Oh dear,
I wish I could be of some help but, I am rowing the same boat as you. I've managed cookies today but all else has gone to the chickens...and then it seems that every few moments there is another 'forsaken soul' at the door asking for directions to mossy shed. Good heavens! I have decided it's probably best if I just hide under a pile of coats for a bit.

Twinkles are going in the post tomorrow, I swear!

t-da said...

I never thought to look for lost sanity in a ball of yarn.. what a darn revelation. and btw your house sorry shed is sooo lovely.

Emerson Bindery said...

Shall we call Nancy Drew? Hopefully your sanity will be rediscovered soon! :)

Contessa Kris said...

Your pictures are gorgeous, your sanity will return just when you need it. Enjoy the family coming and the impending gift of yarn. Happy Christmas.

Michelle said...

dear tif...
If my sanity should find it's way to your home on the prevailing wind...could you please give it a good heave hoe home, am in desperate need of it...
But I fear it may be lost forever...
If yours arrives here I may need to borrow it...just for a bit...promise to send it back for Christmas...
I have totally lost the plot at the moment and even fear I need to delete some post stuff cause I think I really didn't get what I was really trying to say across...instead it sounds all "insane"...very troubling this pre-Christmas insanity I hope it is not spreading...
But maybe it means that we are getting it all out of our system so the new Year will be full of good cheer and many a sane ramberlings...

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I've been walking in circles for days but am slowly coming out of the fog. I hope you get that creamy ball of loveliness. :)

Kate Moore said...

Too true. Mothers do know best.
I am so insanely crazy for your blog. It's fabulousness blows me away. Just thought I'd say.

Phillippa said...

hmm trouble indeed! maybe you should check the little suitcase next to the sofa because often ones sanity gets packed away when ones goes on holliday (it would have to for anyone to ever wear a bikini!) so perhaps ones sanity likes being tucked away in dark places.....

Lotta said...

Oh Tif, You and me both. I think they've disguised themselves as dust bunnies under my sofa alongside my creative mojo xxx
nevermind, no one paid either much heed anyways :)

Traveling Mama said...

Oh, dear! Well, I do so hope you find your sanity, but I wouldn't mind a little hint as to it's whereabouts if you find it. Perhaps mine is vacationing with it on a warm beach in Crete?

Pomona said...

If not sanity, you will certain find inner peace in a yarn shop. And if not, well, I am afraid that there is no hope for you, and all I can suggest is therapy.

Pomona x

dottie angel said...

i just knew you would understand... if i find any sanity on my doorstep along with the forsaken souls, i'll borrow it just for a little while and then send it packing back to you :)

Char said...

what a sweet write

Caterina Giglio said...

tis the season for loosing a bit of sanity....
lack of light and all that....

* said...

i hope your mother buys you the yarn!!

the challenge nearly was undone for me, btw. i had to go to my japanese dollar store (aka heaven on earth). it was so painful to not buy myself bag upon bag of fabulousness!