Tuesday, September 22

little olive and a colorful moment...

i woke with a great long 'to do' list this morning.
all quite nice things as i failed to write the 'horribly dull' stuff on the list, thus making my list look rather 'arty and crafty', rather than 'maidy and cooky'...


i have not succeeded in any of the things as two other things not listed, have got in the way.

thing number 1: my blog...
the layout is doing my head in, having added an extra sidebar, courtesy of my man... i was left with an 'all so busy look' to bother my waking thoughts.
i have to say i don't usually give my blog layout much thought but this has been 'nagging at me' since sunday night... anyhow after a lot of 'toing and froing' from my photo folder to my blog, i have achieved a layout that 'pleases me' enough to move on, thank goodness.

and

thing number 2: miss pesky olive...
who is driving me to distraction today. i have decided she is an attention seeker, which is to be expected of a little puppy... when the shed is full of 'comings and goings' she is happy as a lamb and as sweet as can be.
when it's just dull old me and used dog, she starts to play the squirrel nutkin thing to a 'tee'.
this morning i applied my new birthday moisturizer kindly gifted to me by my girls... "ooo, lovely" i said as i applied it and breathed in the vanilla fragrance.
i then went about my day feeling quite special, as nice moisturizer is not something i usually buy for myself. (nor, can i from now on...)
"how thoughtful" i said to myself, thinking it most lovely my family had taken on board my challenge and given me 'useful and thoughtful' gifts for the coming year. (and yes, i did get woolly socks)

after several minutes of being downstairs, little olive made a bee line for my legs... for the past hour i have been continuously 'bathed' by her little licky tongue. i fear i will never beable to use my birthday 'oh so special' moisturizer again and more to the point, i am this close to running out the door and just hosing my legs down in the yard. as much as i love a 'little lick' every now and then, i draw the line at having dried puppy saliva all over my lower legs...
oh and here she comes again... and voila! as i am tippity tapping on the keys she sits below 'washing me'... i shall have to practise the art of 'ignoring' for me to get through this...

and so my plan today was not to talk 'dog saliva' to you but 'color', dearest readers.
i noted yesterday as i 'guest posted' for emma's lovely weekly feature 'colour your monday happy', just how much color has filtered into my life.
i do believe i am getting past my color phobia ways and along with my challenge i am embracing a new colorful me.
as i look around my shed, little vignettes of color are 'popping up' in a rather uplifting way...
i plan to bring you some pictures of such things later in the week. but for now i need to leave, and leave very quickly as i'm going to have a 'wobbly' in a mo...


i love little olive deeply, after all i am crocheting her a matching blanket like my own little blankie, but i cannot deal with the 'bathing' and now as i look down i do believe a rash is appearing...
could that be the lotion or the olive licks?

she is trying to get to Miss Ethel, as another crafting epiphany has appeared, but alas little olive is not 'on board' ~ Tif
footynote: i have to just say how wonderful it is to have so many of you on board with the challenge and also the fact that alot of you feel inspired to make changes, however small with the way you 'shop' even without taking the challenge... it's most fabulous, really it is.

13 comments:

HELLO TIGER! said...

I love that wallpaper!

Jenny said...

OK I am in for the challenge. I will consider my exceptions and then post it on my blog. Wish me luck.

Floss said...

I've thought, I've prayed, I've reflected, I've not consulted my husband... I'm in on your challenge! (I think he'll be fine with it.) I have a few more exceptions than you, which makes me feel like a right wimp, but thanks so much for setting the example and having the idea. I'll post about this tomorrow.

Gigibird said...

I am jealous of your 3 columns.
I dream the dream.

dottie angel said...

hurrah!! so happy to have you join me, jenny and floss...
i am most interested to see your exceptions and to watch your progress through a handcrafted thrifted year :)

and gigibird... i know, i had the dream too, and until sunday it seemed unacheivable... i hope your dream comes true one day too ;)

Michelle said...

Oh Tif I spy a beautiful
Wood and Stool...How gorgeous...
The challenge is going rather well for me at the moment as I am unable to leave the house...Due to a mighty dust storm that is sweeping across our landscape...Mr Vintage is rattling and creaking with the force of the wind and I fear I will never be able to get the inch thick dust out of his crevices...
Love the 3 column I did it once but I couldn't get it to space out nicely...it ended up very squishy...so I went back to my boring 2 column...

Qalballah said...

Here is my challenge blog post:

http://mumudesign.typepad.com/mumu_design/2009/09/an-utmost-challenge.html

Tara Diane said...

I think your site layout looks very nice :). And I love that dress you are wearing!

Elissa said...

love these pics and colors. looking forward to the coming photos!

dottie angel said...

thank you ladies... and michelle i didn't realize it was you to start with. love the new look avatar :)

read your post qalballah... so very inspiring, really made me think and i appreciate that :)

Lola Nova said...

Well, I have given it the proper amount of stewing time and have decided to hitch up my wagon and join the 'challenge'!

I've committed here:
http://lolanovablog.blogspot.com/2009/09/testing-ones-mettle.html

Kaylovesvintage said...

the dress it's a dream

Elicia said...

changes, however small with the way you 'shop' even without taking the challenge...

that's what i wanna do. :D