Monday, April 20

the cogs are turning once again...

the upside of having the lurgy is i had a lot of time to gaze into space, not the stars and moon kind of space but the few inches just in front of my face before it all gets blurry.

on one such occasion last week in between thinking about Colin and Johnny and wishing someone would make me a cup of tea, a crafting thunderbolt hit me...out of nowhere it occurred to me that my growing pile of thrift store pillowcases was beginning to bug me. found in pairs they are a treat to use, found in singles it causes me distress. from time to time, i have seen some lovely little dresses made from a pillowcase and if my girls were 'wee' again i would have them dressed in a pillowcase every day along with silver doctor marten boots (i can't believe i ever gave them away years ago, what was i thinking. not my girls, silly...the boots). but alas they are as tall, if not taller than me and so i needed to come up with an idea...


why oh why had i not seen it all along is beyond me, but until last week i had never made the connection between pillowcases and aprons. and then voila! just like that it is staring me in the face as plain as day...


summer apron wraps, designed to wear with jeans or layered over a summer skirt, perfect for the kitchen, the garden and the farmers market...i am so excited, that i wish every day could be a summer apron wrap day. of course i could be the only one in the world who wishes for such a day, but i shall pop them in my little store and see if others feel the love too.


the sixth and final resident of the shed has fallen prey to the lurgy, so she is off to fetch her florence nightingale hat out of the washer and will see you tomorrow ~ Tif

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the aprons Tif!!

xo Laura

Unknown said...

these are so lovely....my nan used to wear an apron every single day, a tradition i think we should all make an effort to restore

take care xx

ps.the image of little girls running round in pillowcases & silver dm's made me smile x

Amber said...

They are absolutely beautiful! Great idea...must have been all the pondering on Colin that helped :-)

Tracy x said...

i ******love****** them....
glad you are feeling better and so glad that the creative cogs are turning once more x
catch up soon
t x

Lorene said...

Lovely. Absolutely lovely!!!!

dottie angel said...

how wonderful :)
you can just feel that 'summer apron wrap loving' going on :)

Anonymous said...

You are not the only one - lovely idea! Now I feel better about my pillowcase pile too. :)

Jenny of Elefantz said...

VERY clever! Love 'em!! Off to raid my pillowcase stash...yes, I collect the vintage ones too. :-) I love PILES of them all over the bed!

Jerusalem said...

brilliant, brilliant cogs that are turning! love, love the apron. Pillowcase aprons are the best of both worlds put together!

Francesca said...

nice work! so summery and pretty.

jade said...

Hi Tif...
I love the apron wraps!!!!! I'm waiting for just the right one, definitely keep making them!!!!
So cute!

Jennifer

Kimberly said...

You've been blogged! www.seattlestyle.com/thelounge I am just so in love with these aprons!!!

-Kimberly

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

Love

Love

Love the aprons! They're beautiful.

You've done it again.

Made {vintage} gold from casual every day items. It's so inspiring.

Susan Mitchell said...

I just saw this contest (perhaps you have already entered) but thought I would pass this along, just in case you missed it :)
http://www.larkbooks.com/crafts/pillowcase-challenge-contest