Wednesday, March 5

bark cloth mad...


i'm back sooner than i thought..."why's that, Tif?" i hear you ask...well silly me, i thought my electrics would be worked on in a 'continuous' fashion until the results were in. apparently not, i got the call this morning, items required are on back order so my electrician will not be here until next thursday...leaving me with six large holes in the ceiling and still no electrics in the dividing wall, thus not allowing the builder to finish up.

my electrician asked me if i was aware of the rodent activity we had in our attic..."yes, i am aware" i replied, and then left off the bit about knowing Samuel Whiskers was lurking up there and that is why for the past two weeks our #4 has refused to sleep in his room because of the three foot by two foot hole above his bed knowing at anytime Samuel and his extended family are just going to invite themselves down to party in his room.
and might i also add that was why last night two boys were freaking out about sleeping above the latest holes...luckily all those thrift store bed sheets are coming in handy...


the kitchen is coming along a treat, here's how it looks today...most of the cabinets have gone cream, and not just any old cream dear readers...a cream that i picked out of the hundreds and thousands of 'off whites' that stare back at one at the paint store. what are the chances that the cream is called 'antique lace', how perfect is that. of course i had the worry once i had picked it that it would look yellow, but it doesn't even if my photo makes it look so...the wall cabinets to the left are white and will have doors with reed glass in them when all is said and done...the difference is like night and day, next week is 'cabinet doors', in the meantime i hope to be able to use the kitchen by tomorrow...which is a good thing, when it comes to feeding a household.


do you remember my little green swivelly chair i had planned to have recovered, well that plan went out the window with all my other plans these days it seems. the cost was just too high, now don't forget i already had the fabric but when i know the chair cost my $35 and i have so many other things like 'light fixtures' that need to be bought i decided to make a slip cover instead. i also decided against the fabric i had originally intended to use, and opted for a more 'asian' inspired bark cloth i stumbled upon over at ebay...so far i have bluffed my way through and it certainly would not pass any type of 'inspection' or win me an 'award' but it does the job...my problem now is to 'mirror' the other arm, i am procrastinating on this.


i hope to see my 'little rocker' take pride of place in an airstream one day...and oh, dear readers that day maybe closer than we think, for i have a very important meeting scheduled for ten in the morning on Saturday...and this "oh so important meeting" is with an airstream...she looks from the picture to be just perfect but then i do recall wearing my 'rose colored' specs when i was searching on line for her...watch this space to see whether 'Gladys' has been found.

she's had a cushion featured in a magazine and is feeling quite giddy about it ~ Tif

10 comments:

Francesca said...

you little trickster! lucky i checked in today...just in case.
love the bottom cushion and the kitchen is coming on a treat. and well done on the magazooon...lovely to see a dottie angel in print.
x

ps i worry that one day i'll check in and you will have doilied your entire family.

A&AC project said...

Ah yes, the joys of having the builders in...your kitchen is looking lovely anyway. Antique lace- but of course, what other colour? :)
Congrats. on the magazine coverage. It must be great to see your work in print like that.

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh I loved those lamp cushions so much. Congrats on the magazine!

Poppy Q said...

Oh I love the doiley cushions. I just wanted to drop in and say how much your blog makes me smile!!

Rubyred said...

Love the cushions and the kitchen.Hope you get your leccy sorted soon!

Anonymous said...

Lovely creations as always. :)

Gigibird said...

I am so excited by your cushions being in a magazine....

Why do you have rats in your loft? What's to eat up there for them??
Your kiitchen is looking 3000% better....it does beg the question why anyone would choose such a dark colour in the first place.

Kristy said...

You always make me laugh Tif.Having lived through holes in the ceiling and floor I know how you feel! Which magazine are you in?

dottie angel said...

a man choose the kitchen by himself...i shall say no more.

the magazine is the Arpil issue of 'Philadelphia Style'...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the cushion landing in a magazine! You deserve it. :) I'm enjoying seeing what you're doing with your new home. I l love all of these cushions and the rocker.

It's amazing how many shades of cream there are, isn't it? It's always a bit more work than I expect whenever I go hunting for that perfect shade.