Wednesday, November 14

oh my, Miss Ethel, don't you look a treat...

well i have managed it, after a ridiculous amount of time (somewhere in the region of four months) i have opened the shop up again...do not get too excited if you were hoping to see slips, this is just not going to happen until Spring i am afraid (or if we give up trying to move). but i will have a few tea towels from time to time, along with cushions and pillowcases...

i had actually failed to realize just how far into November we have come and so it has been bought to my notice (by kids not leaving the house Monday morning) that for the next few weeks they are on 'half days' or 'no days' of school. so that mixed in with trying (so help me, i am trying with all my might) to sell the house, things are going to get pretty 'interesting' around here...


but let us not dwell on such things after all i have managed to list items on Etsy without a hiccup, which i am rather chuffed about...and another thing i am chuffed about is 'Miss Ethel' and her 'make over'...as my man said when he saw her "well, i guess she's staying and you are pretty confident that she isn't going to croak it anytime soon"...it would be true that i have tempted fate with her, but she seems such a steady little work horse that i am quite sure we have years ahead of us, sewing and laughing together without a single 'tension' moment between us...


my reasons for slapping a load of magazine tear outs on her white plastic cover are as follows...

1. the fabric one i made for Miss S. Machine did not fit Miss Ethel's more ample proportions, plus it was falling apart

2. when and if Miss Ethel resides at Mossy Shed, she will be living downstairs in the family room, which technically will not have family in, but all my lovely bits from my studio (when i notified my man of this, he wasn't quite so on board with the whole idea...just give it time) therefore she requires to look attractive at all times for 'visitors' calling in...

3. i am always tearing out pictures that i like, my studio closet doors used to be covered in them (sniff, pang of heart strings), but i have found in the past if you squirrel them away, you can never find them again...so better to surround yourself with them

this got me thinking (dangerous ground again). i am sure there is a market for sewing machine companies to make covers for machines with prints on...i know in the UK you can get appliances with lovely graphics over them...i am thinking designer guild, orla kiely, cath kidston...why hasn't this happened already. (maybe it has, i just haven't noticed)


so there it is, Miss Ethel is looking lovely sitting proud on my table...and yes Miss Margery (owner did give me permission) will be getting the same treatment once i have managed to unglue the lid of the glue bottle after my 'sloppy gluing' from the other day...

she's off to find a strong willing man ~ Tif
footnote: just because i manage to list on my shop without a hiccup, those pesky lines decide to appear again...and i thought they were behaving so well...just typical.

7 comments:

Jane said...

I have been haunting your site for the past 4 hours waiting for you to list those tea towels - I was worrying that you would do it in the middle of the night and that I would wake up tomorrow and they would all be gone,
I spy my van behind your wonderful scrap machine cover,
J
x

dottie angel said...

jane, i started early as i thought it might take me until tonight to get things listed but HURRAH that is not the case...and now i have time for 'little house on the prairie' before the door to my house opens and silence is a thing of the past...

and yes that is your van!!...i hope to see one day, postcards with your airstream on as well!!!

Lucykate Crafts... said...

yay!, glad to see you're back in the saddle with the old etsy shop again, x.

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Oh one word the case...WOW!!!

Hear Me Roar! said...

My goodness... if our Etsy shops can survive these messes of ours then certainly we should earn some sort of merit badge at the end? I LOVE the yarn wreath post and could just kiss you for solving my what-to-do-with-leftover-yarn-bits and Christmas gift problems all in one swoop. You are my HERO!

Casey Maura said...

I love this idea!! I've got the ugliest plastic cover that came with my hand-me-down Singer, so I daresay it might be covered in the near future... :)

Anonymous said...

That cover is really cool!