Monday, June 25

me and my 'pretty sweet' studio...

on Saturday evening, i went out with our #2 our #3 (it is not unusual for me to muddle them up) to purchase pretty glass jars to house my new labels, old buttons, trimmings etc, in the hope of making my studio feel aesthetically pleasing and pretty and also encourage me to get on with the job...
i then came home and continued with tackling the mountain of awfulness...
and so i have primmed and preened my studio to with in an inch of it's life.

we have organization, we have color coordination and we no longer have devastation. (yep, i was pretty pleased with that last sentence too)

with the help of our #1, i wrapped trimmings and lace around a ton of little pieces of card.
i have not however succeeded in making it look like a 'japanese craft book' studio...i fear this will never happen and i have accepted my fate. you see as i was beavering away over the weekend, discovering many a lost treasure amongst the mess (not i might add my cutting tool, it is still a mystery)...i realized i have way to many colorful fabrics and notions to make it look serene and calm...but that's okay with me, i like all the 'bits' with the 'bobs' and the mix of colors with the lace and the linen...

so without further a do (that is so my favorite way to announce something i have decided) i give you some pictures of my cleaned up, turned out, looking pretty spiffy studio..(i can't get a single photo of me anymore without a piece of thread stuck to me...i like to think it is the sign of a serious crafter!)







for a few big piccies you can take a look here and there, because if you're like me, you just need to see the big picture...i am so happy with my little space..i know eventually over time it will end up just like before, but that's okay, it's a work space not a magazine page.
as i wing my way over the pond next week, i will be able to really enjoy my time away knowing that my studio is waiting tidy and clean ready for my return...
and just a little extra for you 'cause i like you lots, dear readers...we have Mabel in her latest attire...a little lacey number courtesy of the lovely Rosaleen and the little flower came from the wonderful Kate who very sweetly sent me this box of goodies last week...all now lovingly wrapped onto card and put in my stash...many a "thank you" to you both.


sighing a deep satisfied sigh, while also realizing she has a new found respect for bias binding makers across the globe ~ Tif

15 comments:

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Hello! I found your blog through flickr and I just had to tell you how much I love your beautiful bags and slips!! they are just lovely. I added you to my contacts so I won't forget to come back to visit...hopt that is ok!

I love all of your gorgeous jars full of great stuff!

Heather

Anonymous said...

looks great tif..my girls are looking with me...they were saying is that your stuff?..you have those jars,pillowcases etc...
you've inspired me to tidy up too and it seems my girls also because my little one just said she wants to clean her room now...you really are an angel!
:) laura

Kristy said...

It all looks lovely!

leslie said...

stop kidding yourself - it looks soooo beautifully japanese craft book! especially the lovely glass jars. just makes me want to rifle through everything to discover each and every treasure : )

gilfling said...

Your workspace looks wonderful!! I have to say it looks every ounce like those amazing photos in mags to me.....the jars and neatly folded piles of fabrics....Mmmm perhaps I shall have to take some inspiration. I move house in about 3 weeks so perhaps the new move will also move my backside to do something about the neverending 'storage issues'.

Gigibird said...

I don't know if I can be friends with now you have joined the 'tidy club'
However as I know it's not going to stay tidy for very long I'll forgive you ;-)

I confess, I covet your piles of fabric and jars of buttons.

Tracy x said...

bee - yoo - tee - full!!!!!
tracy x

Anonymous said...

Hello!I LOVED your blog entry today for so many reasons... :-)
Your jars look great and your lace looks so lovely and tidy and all ready to take their rightful place on your slips. Mabel looks beautiful covered up in her lace, she doesn't need to blush now! Your studio looks very neat and tidy, I emptied out Kitty's bedroom yesterday and completely 'decluttered' it ready for her gorgeous white iron bed which is arriving any day now. Its a great feeling to have completely sorted out a room!
Rosaleen
x

Lucykate Crafts... said...

well, i think your studio looks great, a creative heaven

Rhian said...

I only found your blog yesterday, while browsing through Emilys (Inside a Black Apples)old posts and she mentioned buying one of your slips of Etsy. I'm addicted already, your space looks lovely since your clean up. I only wish I was so organised. You are wonderfully talented.
Rhian xxx

Anonymous said...

Delicious! I think you are very close to having a 'Japanese Craft Book Studio'. I love all the yummy bits and the tags on your drawers. I have lots of bits and bobs in glass jars too. It's like having my own candy shop :o)

Diane said...

Tidied up, indeed! I love the labels on the dresser drawers.

Lori said...

I believe that you only own pretty things. :) It looks great.

Hear Me Roar! said...

I've looked at the jars of buttons several times today because they're just so darn LOVELY. It's a very calming thing really, looking at an abundance of white buttons, and things in the cubicle have been a bit harried...

Anonymous said...

It looks fab, does it feel different to work in? I keep telling myself to keep at the tidying but there's always something more enjoyable to do .....like reading my favorite blogs!