Tuesday, June 12

me and my bad hair day...

i planned to spend the whole day beavering away in my studio...but alas it did not go as i had hoped. i think the problem started early on because i had chosen to dress in an outfit the same color as a 'Nestle Mint Aero chocolate bar'...proceeded by a hairstyle that would have made any bird happy. we have run out of conditioner in our house...not surprising as i have two teenage daughters. Instead of going to buy a new bottle, my man insisted that we use up every little bottle of stuff in the cupboard first.
now i am sure all you lovely ladies out there realize that if you pay a ridiculous amount for your hair, that you also have to buy the right product to put on it! my man says that isn't true...how he would know is beyond me, after all the minute his hair grows beyond an inch he claims it is attacking him and i have to razor it all off...

so he hands me a large bag full of all those samples you pick up in hotel rooms...do not be under the impression that i spend a lot of time loitering in hotel rooms. oh no, this is what my man brings back when he has travelled on business trips...i knew it was risky and i have learnt yet another valuable lesson. hotel shampoo and conditioners do not help you if you have a tendency to frizzy, fried hair...they contain some unique formula that doubles the thickness and volume of your hair so that it is completely unmanageable and you stand a good chance of losing your car keys, purse, even a small child in it..

i think the outfit, mixed with the hair issues was enough to cause my lack of creativity, but added in there was the problem of waking at two in the morning in a cold sweat saying "crap" because i realized the order i had placed for 'one thousand business cards' late last night, is missing one vital ingredient, the address of my etsy store...

so there we go, try as i might i could not seem to apply myself today...i did do a bit of this, a bit of that and of course some of these. but it was all a bit of a struggle...

on another note (in the vain hope of distracting myself from the 'business card' horror) i give you a package, that landed on my doorstep yesterday afternoon...it was sent from the lovely Luna1171 aka Laura, who had scoured her local thrift store and sent me a ton of slips she had found...



i really do wish i lived near Laura, not only does she seem to possess a lovely and kind spirit, which i hope would rub off on me, but she also has a wonderful knack of finding great bargains while thrifting...like this sewing machine, it is just so perfect even down to the color blue..and if i lived near her, she might let me look after it for her every now and then


and one last thing, i have a cyber pal ( i know, i actually have a few now...it sounds so exciting)...i love to read the comments she leaves and the emails she sends...she is witty, she is blunt and she makes a mean cupcake...gigibird this is for you..."squeak"

feeling the growing horror of 'top tips' and looking forward to 'show and tell' ~ Tif

8 comments:

Hear Me Roar! said...

Do all your packages look so chewed up by the time you get to them?

I'm loving the new bags if that's what they are (LOOVE the green), and the lavender material is so gorgeous on that slip.

...BIG SIGH...

Francesca said...

ahh! it's a mouse it's a mouse! (or a gerbil or something.) tell your man to stay out of the hair issue, my morning hair is a constant source of amusement, i think i share it with this lady:
http://www.kittygenius.com/kitty_genius/
2007/05/for_any_nonbeli.html

Hoping you have a better day tomorrow.
F

Stephne said...

Hi, totally unrelated to this post but have put up my 7 tags took me ages to decide, my peeeps are always saying to me "you can't say that people with think you mad!" i am a total anachist, do not get organized religion and have huge feminist tendancies, i do not gush over every piece of art and craft that comes my way, which is probably why i only have only a very few regular bloggers which is fine, as i want quality and not quantity...I do love the chocolate brown cheese-cloth dress, is it from "tar-jet" i hope i have not offended and it is from "Anthro" anyway have a good day S...X

Gigibird said...

What is it about men and conditioner?
You obviously need to maintain more mystery with your grooming regime Tif – and of course hide some under the sink (or perhaps) where you keep the iron;-) so no one else will use it.( Tip – you can use the cheap stuff as fabric conditioner for woollies or even to shave your legs with it)
Thank you for the mouse photo and your kind words – I’m glad you are my cyber friend too.

Tracy x said...

don't even talk to me about how men insist on inflicting pain on our hair - Stephen, in his wisdom, has decided that we must start ONLY using so called "green" products now - so we are ready for the move.
i cannot begin to tell you what a certain eco friendly shampoo has done to my already hideous hair - and yes it does ruin the whole day - i am thinking of sneaking round to a friends for a bit of conditioning - does that make me a bad person?
tracy x

dottie angel said...

it is a mouse...not a gerbil but a common mouse...the best kind to have, eh gigibird!!

and yes the dress if from good old Target...

Anonymous said...

oh tif thank you for compliments...i wish i lived by you also...maybe your talent would rub off on me...when you become famous (i'm serious!) come down north carolina and i'll take you to my favorite country flea market :) laura
ps..i'm having a bad hair summer...really bad bangs!

Sadie Olive said...

Your blog, style and images are beautiful! I found you via Hope at paper relics. :)